From 25th October 2021 we will be moving to e-Consult as our preferred contact method and Ask JSP will be closing down.
e-Consult is an easy to use online platform, which will guide you through a series of questions, relevant to your query. This will help us to gather the information we need in order to prioritise how urgent your problem might be and to book you with the most appropriate team member. You will also be able to contact us via e-consult for administrative requests and to access self-care advice 24 hours a day.
Once we have received your online consultation, you will receive confirmation from e-Consult by email. In some instances, we may be able to provide you with the information you need by responding to you via email or text message, or may direct you to a more appropriate service. The information you have provided will be reviewed by a clinician and you will then be offered an appointment which may be by telephone, video or face to face. We will aim to offer you an appointment within the next 7 days.
There is no need to contact your GP for a request for an isolation note. For more information and certificate please click here
Self Certificates / Sick notes
Want to know the rules on medical certificates? You only need a doctor’s certificate if you are off for more than 7 days, in which case please submit an online request for administrative help. Up to that time, you can 'self-certify'.
Register your Type 1 Opt-Out Preference - The data held in your GP medical records is shared with other healthcare professionals for the purposes of your individual care. It is also shared with other organisations to support health and care planning and research.
- If you do not want your personally identifiable patient data to be shared outside of your GP practice for purposes except your own care, you can register an opt-out with your GP practice. This is known as a Type 1 Opt-out.
- Type 1 Opt-outs may be discontinued in the future. If this happens then they may be turned into a National Data Opt-out. Your GP practice will tell you if this is going to happen and if you need to do anything. More information about the National Data Opt-out is here: www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters
If you wish to make a choice for:
- Children under the age of 13
- Someone you can legally make decisions for
Please visit the NHS website for full instructions on how to do this.
You can use this form to:
- Register a Type 1 Opt-out, for yourself or for a dependent (if you are the parent or legal guardian of the patient)
- Withdraw an existing Type 1 Opt-out, for yourself or a dependent (if you are the parent or legal guardian of the patient) if you have changed your preference
- This decision will not affect individual care and you can change your choice at any time, using this form.
- If you prefer you can download an easy-read version of this information: assets.nhs.uk/patient-information
In co-operation with EMIS, our medical system supplier, we're providing a service that enables you access to your healthcare online such as, viewing medical records including test results, immunisation history and consultations.
To do this first download and sign up to the NHS App, once you have done this visit our practice reception and ask for your secure online log in details.
Medical Exemptions for COVID Passes
Due to unprecedented workload and the need to prioritise care for clinical conditions, we are sorry but we do not have the capacity to assess applications for medical exemption for COVID Passes.
If you feel your health is being affected by your housing, please contact the Tower Hamlets Housing Office. They will assess your medical issues and your housing and they have access to private doctors who will write reports for you. The Tower Hamlets Housing Office has asked GPs not to write housing letters, as these do not help your housing application, only the ones written by their team of doctors.