Air pollution is in the air that we breathe in, there are lots of different types of pollution in the air around us and it can be damaging to everyone’s health.
Take a look at the simple Air Pollution and You checklist to see what actions you can take to help reduce yours and your family’s exposure to air pollution, and improve symptoms like coughing, wheezing and breathlessness. More information on the impacts of air pollution can be found on the NHS North East London website.
Living with diabetes is difficult right now, faced with uncertainty that comes with the coronavirus and the recent news reports linking diabetes with an increased risk of dying from COVID-19 it is more important than ever to take control of your condition and access appropriate support when you need it. We have adapted our services to be able to continue to provide the care you need.
All of our diabetes services continue to provide care and support through telephone, virtual and online clinics, with face-to-face care available where appropriate, such as foot care clinics. Together with local health and care partners we have developed some information online
to support you through this period and we encourage you to read this information and use the information and education that is available. The NHS continues to be here if you need us.
The NHS App provides a simple and secure way for patients to book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access a range of other healthcare services.
Who is it suitable for?
The NHS App is for people aged 13 and over who are registered with a connected GP surgery. You can use some of the app’s features without your GP surgery being connected.
How does it work?
With the NHS App you can:
- check your symptoms – find reliable NHS information on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get immediate advice
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medications and request a new repeat prescription
- view your medical record – get secure access to your GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor – easily manage your preferences on the NHS Organ Donor Register
- choose how the NHS uses your data – register your decision on whether it can be used for research and planning
Advice, tips and tools to help you make the best choices about your health and wellbeing.
Click here for more information on NHS Live Well.
Did you know that 10 of the most minor ailments seen by GPs can also be treated by you at home?
By treating yourself at home you could save a trip to the surgery and free up time for the GPs to see patients with more serious health problems.
Read about some of the most effective home treatments on the NHS Choices website for:
- Back pain
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Nasal congestion (blocked nose)
- Sprains and strains
Visit the NHS website for more information